Dear Gia and Vito,
It was a great family adventure/ experience. It was worth the trip and the bonding time with the family.
We wanted to visit these places so you can experience it. I knew you would enjoy it, but I never thought that I would enjoyed it so much.
Some facts that I learned in the tour:
About the Ostrich that we learned about:
- the ostrich are the largest and fastest running birds
- they eat plants (we were able to feed them)
- they have only 2 toes and only one toe have a nail
- healthiest eggs with only 30% cholesterol (based on the guide)
- you can stand on the eggs (the maximum weigh it has withstand is 160 kg)
- one egg is equivalent to 25-30 chicken eggs (based on the guide)
- they do not bury their heads under the sand (too much cartoons)
- a day old ostrich is almost as big as a chicken
- the meat is so tender and delicious (this is what we were able to try)
- there are a lot of products that can be produced from an ostrich
About Fireflies that we learned about:
- by the number of flicker it can do, you can determine the sex of a firefly
(males – 3 times in 1 second, females – 1 time in 3 seconds)
- males have 2 breathing tubes, females only have 1 breathing tube
- fireflies only live for 7 days (based on the guide)
- camera flash can kill fireflies (based on the guide)
Right after the firefly sightseeing, the rain poured heavily. It was a sign that it was the end of the tour.
Family time is really a must even if we are very busy at work. It may be just a few hours together, but quality time can never be measured.
Planning for our next trip next month.
I love you!